Sunday, November 11, 2012

TRX, Kale Chips, & Tracking Progress

As stated previously, yesterday was my first date with TRX. TRX is suspension training that uses your own body weight as resistance. It is a small group training atmosphere that my gym is promoting. Since I work at my gym and like to try new things, I decided to sign up for an 8 week class. Since I actually had to pay for this class (despite working there), I am really hoping it makes me more accountable for my workouts.
Here is a picture to get you an idea  of what TRX is:
It was very interesting and I hope to discuss it a little more once I get into it. But let me tell you, I was a little sore last night. I am a whole lot of sore today. My next session is on Monday and I hope I can move my arms by then. My goal with TRX is to have a commitment to a strength training program and see results.

Results...I am totally on this whole foods eating Paleo train, but I am really struggling with positive thoughts about the results. I am not going to go on a rant about how I feel; instead, I am going to track 30 days of eating and feeling (mental and physical). This is so that I can look back and see if there are any triggers or patterns. This really helped with gluten free eating which resulted in turning more Paleo.

Last night for dinner I had kale chips. I love kale chips and how easy they are to make.

Start with tearing off large bits of kale. You want them to be bigger than a chip because they will cook down. Put a head of kale torn up into a gallon sized bag.
Add 1 to 2 TBS of Olive Oil. Massage the kale until coated. Notice the big stem in the picture. You can just cook the leaves if you want. I was lazy and left it in.
Place on a cookie sheet or parchment lined baking stone.
Sprinkle brewer's yeast on the Kale. WTF is brewers yeast? It is a yeast that is used to brew beer but  it has lots of B vitamin and chromium in it. It also gives the kale a cheesy taste. I got it at my local nutrition store.

Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes. This is the hard part for me because they look done but you really have to leave them in there so they can dehydrate into a chip form. 

Take out and enjoy!

Note: BBQ sauce not Paleo. Lay off -- I am only human.

No comments:

Post a Comment