Friday, November 30, 2012

Finding Peace

As I roam through the paleosphere of blogs and podcasts the same message keeps appearing, "love yourself". This is a concept that I have yet to master. It is easier to be critical than accepting. I have fully embraced clean eating, paleo etc. Whatever you want to call it. I love fueling my body with the proper fuel. End of story. What I need to accomplish next is feeling comfortable in that body.

Do I feel different, yes.

Is is it a better feeling than before, yes.

Am I still struggling to figure out what is best for me fitness and nutritionwise, yes.

It is the small steps forward that make the journey feel never ending, but looking back I have already come so far.

So, while 2012 comes to an end I can say with happiness that it has been a great year. I have accomplished many things, graduating, finding a job, getting married, moving to a new city and growing personally.

But in order to keep growing I need to set up goals for the next year and prepare for future success.

2013 Goals:
Begin Crossfit
Run a Half- Marathon (Madison Mini- May 26th)
Run a Full Marathon (Madison Full- November 10th)
Go on a honeymoon

I am excited for what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment