Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Food Journaling, Feelings and Results

I am writing this post quick before the kids come in from morning recess. I apologize if I ever refer to them as "my kids" but let's be serious....they are.
I have 17 students between 8-9 years old, and I love each and every one of them.

In this post, I want to give you a little insight into my food journal from yesterday and for today.

Monday: 11/12/12
Let me start off by wishing a big Happy Birthday to Phoebe Rae French (her actual day of birth)! Congrats to her wonderful parents Sarah and Ray, she is a perfect little girl.

Breakfast: Ham & Egg Roll Up
Fry two eggs. Lay out two pieces of deli sliced meat. Layer with spinach and top with egg. Roll.
Easy.

Lunch: Paleo Chili
Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Meat, Onions, Carrots and Beef Broth.

Snacks: Lara Bar, Jerky, Apple

Dinner: Salad - not pictured because by the time I got home I was so light headed from not eating and working out.

Last night I had my second TRX class, and let me tell you: I AM IN LOVE. It challenges me in new ways and I can feel myself getting stronger. So far, I have lost a half inch in my arms. Nothing around my waist or hips yet, but I am excited to see my progress.


Tuesday: 11/13/12
Breakfast: Egg Scramble (Eggs & Turkey)
I apologize for the horrible picture.

Lunch: Side Salad and Acorn Squash


Snacks: Lara Bar & Apple

Dinner: Not Sure

I have to teach again tonight and I am watching our nephew Henry, so we will see what the night brings. After stumbling upon the blog StupidEasyPaleo, I was again hit with the similarities between myself and other paleo followers, and so was John. So, today marks the start of the Lundquist family going totally Paleo. Hooray!

This morning, I looked in the mirror and saw one of the first results of the paleo lifestyle. My skin.

Before you look at this picture, realize that it is not something I would normally do, as I hate bathroom mirror shots. Yes, it is a bathroom selfie picture. Yes, it is a crappy iPhone picture. But, it still shows you how much my skin as improved.


This is only with eye make up, nothing else.
That's all for now! I'm excited for my hubby John to join me in the paleo adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment