Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail

Today, I knew that I needed to leave early for school so that I could go to the grocery store. I knew that I should have planned my morning better so that I could have made eggs with veggies. Instead, I was rushed and ended up eating yogurt and granola, things that I am trying not to eat.

Is this amount of dairy and grain going to kill me? No, but it makes me angry that I didn't just take the five minutes needed to make some eggs.
Is yogurt bad for you? No, but yogurt is usually filled with unneeded sugar. However, I did find Udi's granola at Copps, which is sweetened with only honey. So there is a positive for my negative.


If you want to know more about the negative effects sugar has on your body (for instance, the fact that it's toxic and just as addictive as a drug), here is short video from 60 Minutes:


But I can't let myself get down when I slip up -- I need to pick myself up, learn from my mistakes and move on.

Lunch is something NEW!

I got this idea from the Health and Wellness podcast that I absolutely love. Lately, I have been trying to find quick and easy lunch solutions that are not a salad. I love salads but come on - when you are type A and have ADD, you just can't settle for one thing. Thus, I bring you:

Turkey Guac Roll Ups!
Deli Turkey layered with guacamole, tomatoes and spinach. Roll up and enjoy!
It is the perfect combination of protein, healthy fats (which are needed to process protein) and vitamins.

Side dish: Apples, celery and peanut butter.

We have movie and pj day at school so this should be sufficient since I won't be moving around a ton.  John and I have a Henry date tonight so I am excited to hang out with my two favorite guys. :)
Chicken and Roasted Veggies are in the works for tonight after a Body Pump and a short run.


------

What is your favorite easy to pack lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment