Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Barackin' Egg Scramble

I woke up craving an egg scramble. I could not wait for breakfast. I am finding that with cutting out processed carbs I do not crave toast or bagels anymore. It is eggs and veggies! My body loves getting its protein fix.

To help make breakfast go a little bit faster I have pre-chopped scramble ingredients.
So in my fridge I have zucchini, onion and turkey cut up. I just throw it in a pan with coconut oil and let it saute. Then I crack two eggs over the pan and toss it around.
Now, you can do this same thing for an omelette. I just do not have the talent or patience for an omelette and I usually mess it up so I scramble.

Anyway, WOAH BARACK MY SOCKS OFF! This was AMAZING.
(note the Obama reference)

Paired with a strawberry and blackberry fruit cup my morning was off to a great start.

Lunch is my typical favorite salad, which I haven't been able to have for at least 5 days. No feta this time, I am going to try it out and see if I can do it sans cheese.

I have a professional learning meeting after school so I wanted to bring a paleo snack so that I could just drive to the gym.

Pistachios, apple, and trail mix (chocolate chips, almonds, raisins). These will be munched on through out the day.

I did not workout last night due to ANOTHER migraine. My body was not bloated like it usually is if I don't work out but I did have ants in my pants this morning. I really love those runs and I need to tell myself that even if I feel like my head is spinning off my shoulders.

1 comment: