Monday, November 26, 2012

Here We Go Again

Back at it after a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation. Today, I am going to post a few pictures of the food I have had over the past couple of days. Over the Thanksgiving break, I went to see a dietitian to talk about why I am not losing weight. (side note: I am not obese by any means but for the type of food I eat and exercise I do, I should not be gaining like I am) We looked over my blog since I use it as a food journal and talked about my lifestyle. After one hour, I was told that I am doing everything right and should keep on keeping on. As frustrating as that was to hear, it made me feel good that I am making the right choices.
We both agreed that I should be tracking my calories as well as food journaling so that I can see if I have any major deficiencies. She also expressed that I either need to cut calories or workout more to get the scale to budge. This is totally against the paleo mindset since not all calories are created equal but I am willing to give anything a try. So for the next couple of weeks I will continue to eat Paleo but track my calories with a goal of 1,200- 1,500 and the goal of working out for an hour.

After doing this for a couple of days I realized...I have been doing this all along. I digress... again, I am not doing this to become stick thin but rather to feel comfortable in my skin again. As a type A personality, it is very difficult for me to do everything right but not get the outcome I anticipate.

So folks for your viewing pleasure here is my food log from the past couple of days:


Thanksgiving Eve Date Night: Alchemy burger (no bun) with cheddar cheese, amazing onion/olive relish, aioli sauce, and sweet potato fries on the side. After dinner, we saw "Lincoln" (amazing!!). It was a much needed date. 


I got to spend a lot of time with these two :) 


A new found love! Synergy Kombucha which is a fermented tea that has a TON of health benefits. 


Some sort of salad concoction I made up. 


Kombucha, Apple and Justin's Hazelnut Butter with Cocoa


Thanksgiving Morning Frittata


Lunch for school: Turkey Salad


Brought this bad boy out for the holidays...we got it as a wedding present. Yes, it is a Nativity Cookie Jar; and yes, it did come with matching salt and pepper shakers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment