Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stick with the Plan

Lately, I have been playing around with different methods of clean eating.

Eating totally unprocessed.

Eating unprocessed and "real" food.

Eating unprocessed, real, mostly organic food.

Eating unprocessed, real, organic paleo food.

The 30 day challenge...no grains, beans, dairy or sugar (that sucked).

Here is the problem. I workout everyday. I mix strength and cardio. I teach people how to work out. I write a blog about how to live healthy.

Then why am I gaining weight. I eat enough, I manage my portions and I rarely "binge" eat. When I do "binge" eat it is on organic chocolate chips and peanuts.

I don't want to be 100 pounds. I don't want to look like a super star. I want to do the right things to make my body last and work to it's fullest. I should also be losing excess weight in the mean time.

I recently read an article on the effects of grains. It also seems to me that people with a lot of success in healthy eating, eat primarily paleo. I talked with my amazing supportive husband and expressed how I want to stick with ONE thing for at least 30 days. Since I am always lingering between one of the above methods.

I wish I could just not care. But I do. I want to set a good example for others and I want to prove that you can eat FOOD, real wholesome food and maintain a healthy and happy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment