Thursday, October 11, 2012

Garbage Diet

My wonderful-tell-it-like-it-is-keep-me-in-check friend Taylor sparked this post.

Why choose to eat whole foods or paleo (whatever you want to call it).

I hate that I called it a diet. Because it isn't you are putting natural food into your body. I ran across this post from another blog, The Girl Who Went Paleo...


It has recently become a huge pet-peeve of mine if someone says "Paleo 'Diet'." I cannot for the life of me understand why people think that eating WHOLE FOODS is a diet? It's so absurd that people's mind really think this way.

"Oh, you're on the paleo diet?"
"Uhm, no. I eat real, whole foods while you eat garbage from a box. What do you call your way of eating? The garbage diet?"
....

Paleo eating is only a style of eating. Vegetarians or vegans aren't associated with dieting because of their food choices, are they? I didn't think so either. It's a personal choice that some people have the hardest time grasping.

I think people in the 1800's would look at us now and wonder what the heck happened to us. Why do we have companies making all of the junk on our groceries shelves and why do people consume it? I don't know about you, but I like eating the way I do.

I couldn't have said it better myself. As much as I stumble and catch myself with this lifestyle I am truly learning. I find that when I eat processed food, wheat and sugar I get migraines, bloated and other wonderful things. When I go on a weekend where all rules are out the window I usually spend the next week out of sync. 

It is hard to do something that is right, but your culture deems it extreme or weird. I am the first to admit I have popcorned around with different weight loss methods and diets. I am realizing that I want something that is healthy. My weight is just an annoying nuisance that I can't shake. And if you know me well enough you know that I love to be in control and understand why things are the way they are.    

No comments:

Post a Comment