Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Peach Cherry Cobbler

So, I have this problem. I can't sit down for very long. I can try to watch a movie but I just realize the other things I could be doing...like lesson planning or the dishes. Last night, I decided to relax and rest so that I could beat this on going migraine. I had cider, watched Downton Abbey and started to knit.

Knit 2, Purl 2, Knit 2....oh I should do the dishes.

Purl 2, Knit 2, Purl 2... ooo I have all of the things to make a cobbler.

Go into kitchen and put together the most glorious no recipe cobbler ever!

Step 1: Coat baking dish with Pam or butter.
Step 2: Put in fruit. I decided on Organic Peaches and Tart Unsweetened Door County Cherries.
Step 3: Cut up cold butter and layer on.
Step 4: Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
Step 5: Mix together oats, brown sugar and maple syrup. (unknown quantities)
Step 6: Layer on the top.
Step 7: Add more cold butter chunks.
Step 8: Heat oven to 350 and place inside.
Step 9: Enjoy!
Seriously, fool proof.
Disclaimer: Oats are a grain that is WHEAT free but not gluten free. I use Bob's Red Mill Oats that are gluten free.

1 comment:

  1. This was so delicious, Kari! Kudos on the kitchen prowess.

    ReplyDelete