Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Whole 30 Vitamin A Bisque

After my weekend of non-whole 30 fun, I knew I needed to get back to basics by creating a healthy, easy soup. This weekend I did not go overboard but I did indulge and definitely paid for it the next days. I know that if I want this to be a lifestyle I need to be okay with indulging on special weekends and then really focusing the next day.

I adapted this soup from Health-Bent:

2 lbs Butternut Squash -- I HATE cutting cup butternut squash so I found pre cut squash in the freezer section.
5 Large Carrots - diced 
1 Can Pumpkin Puree
1 Quart Chicken Stock
Cinnamon
Balsamic Vinegar 
Salt and Pepper 

Place squash, carrots and stock in a large pot to simmer until veggies are soft. Add in pumpkin and use a hand blender to puree. Once the soup is pureed, add in balsamic vinegar. I used about 4 TBS but you can use more or less to your liking. Finally add in cinnamon, salt and pepper. This makes about 7 - 2 cup servings.



The rest of my workouts and meals for the week look something like this:

Monday: French Toast Scramble/ Chicken Salad/ Vitamin A Soup --- 1.5 mile run/ arms
Tuesday: Fruit, Veggies & Almond Butter / Vitamin A Soup / Fiesta Salad --- 4 mile run/ legs
Wednesday: French Toast Scramble/ Shredded Beef Salad / Sweet Potato & BBQ Chicken --- Spin
Thursday: French Toast Scramble/ Chicken Apple Salad/ Shredded Beef & Sweet Potato --- 1 mile run/ arms / swim
Friday: Something with Eggs/ Shredded Beef Salad/ Green Bay
Saturday: Green Bay
Sunday: Green Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment