Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Healthy Living Survey

I saw this on Carrots n' Cake today and I thought it would be something different for you to read.

1. What did you eat for breakfast?

Celery, Apple, Blueberries and Almond Butter. Really anything with almond butter makes the day better.



2. How much water do you drink a day?

I am obsessed with my camelbak water bottle. I usually have 72 - 124 oz a day. I drink more water when I workout more. I also drink a lot of tea.



3. What is your current favorite workout?

RUNNING! No matter how many times I tell myself I am going to cut back I just keep coming back to that pavement. I am really digging strength training lately.


4. How many calories do you eat a day?

No clue. Apparently, I am supposed to be eating between 1,200- 1,500 however when I did that I could not lose weight. So now I just eat Paleo and I eat as much as I want. I have never felt better.

5. What is your favorite healthy snack?

If it is a veggie/fruit and covered in almond butter I am game. I usually have some sort of almond butter snack because it is easy to bring to work.




6. What do you usually eat for lunch?

Salad in a jar: so easy and so versatile.



7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?

Legs. They might be short but they can squat 200 lbs and run over 20 miles.

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?

Abs. I hate planks.

9. What are your bad food cravings?

Chocolate and beer. I used to dream about ice cream but since going Paleo I really just dig a good piece of dark chocolate.


10. Do you take any supplements?

I should be taking a multi-vitamin but only when I remember it.


11. How often do you eat out?

MAYBE once a month. The newlywed budget doesn't allow for much more than that.


12. Do you eat fast food?

I have not had fast food for a long time. It is usually when we are traveling so maybe three times a year. Since going paleo I now crave healthy treats instead of McDonalds.


13. Who is your biggest supporter?

John and my close friends. They always support my sometimes extreme healthy lifestyle.


14. Do you have a gym membership?

You bet! I have always worked at a gym so it seems silly not to have one.



15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

8 or more. I love to sleep.

16. Do you have a cheat day?

Not since going off of Weight Watchers. When I "cheat" I feel guilty. I am now working on appreciating treats and special occasion food and then recognizing how I feel afterwards.

17. Do you drink alcohol? 

Does a bear sh!t in the woods? Again, not since Whole 30 but I really enjoy hard cider and microbrews.

18. Do you have a workout buddy? 

Sometimes. Since I normally have to work I don't but I love having John come with me since it keeps both of us more accountable. 

19.What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?

I have gained more self-confidence. This is an ever changing process and I think I am beginning to mature in what I think is "healthy". I enjoy setting a good example and value feeling healthy more than anything. 

20.What was the last healthy thing you did? 

I prepared a healthy breakfast and lunch for today. 


2 comments: