Thursday, January 3, 2013

Whole 30- Day 2

Today was rough, I don't know if it was the effects of Whole 30 or the flu bug that is going around. Whole9 posted a timeline of what your body goes through during this process. I could definitely identify with some of the "symptoms". Whatever the case may be,  I am dragging @$$. I did a better job of packing food today but then had no appetite.   I have a part time job at a local fitness club. I usually look forward to teaching classes but tonight I could hardly stand. I couldn't find anyone to cover for me so I hoped for the best and gave it my all. Not my best class, but what can you do? My intentions of having a endurance workout tonight were shot, so I just decided to prep some food and go to bed.

Whole 30-Day 2 Food Journal: 

Breakfast: 
Coffee with Coconut Milk
Egg Cups
Banana

Lunch: 
Chicken and Bacon Salad


Snack: 
Blueberries and Almonds

Dinner: 
Shredded Beef
Celery and Apples with Almond Butter



After class, I had a burst of energy. Okay, really it was because I had meat out to make jerky and I knew I needed to use it up. I decided to make roasted vegetables, beef jerky and Rainbow Chili.

I love roasting veggies because it is an easy way to make everything at once. I usually just use what I have in the fridge. Today it was sweet potatoes, onion, zucchini and mushrooms.

Veggie Roast: 
Any vegetables
Olive Oil or Ghee
Spices of Choice

Preheat oven to 325, place potatoes in for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, place the rest of the veggies in pan and continue to roast for another 20 minutes. Stir if needed.


One of the best wedding gifts we got was a jerky gun and dehydrator. Seriously, talk about a money saver. You can use ground beef or thinly sliced steak. Season your meat and plug it in for 6-7 hours.




I realized I had way too much meat so what is a girl to do.... make chili. I decided to make Rainbow Chili....aka throw in what you have. I actually achieved getting in almost every color of the rainbow.  This wasn't too hard since John was helping me chop all the vegetables. We rarely get to cook together so this was a lot of fun.

No Fuss Rainbow Chili: 

Bell Peppers
Onion
Jalapeno Pepper
Sweet Potato
Zucchini
Roasted Tomatoes
Chicken Stock
Ground Beef

Beef Bouillon
Sea Salt
Chipotle Seasoning
Lime Juice

1. Fry up ground beef.
2. Chop veggies.
3. Put in Crockpot.
4. Turn on Crockpot.
5. Sit for 8 hours.
6. Turn off Crockpot.

Donezo.


What is your favorite "no fuss" meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment