Monday, April 1, 2013

Whole 50: Day 1

Alright, there is no turning back now -- today was the beginning of my second Whole30. As I explained in a previous post, I will be doing a Whole50 (same principles, just twenty more days). Today, I am on vacation, so I was fortunate enough to have time to be able to prep for the week.

This morning, I went to Whole Foods and Woodmans to stock up on Whole 30 goodies. 

Lots of meat! Apparently, they have a huge sale on meat on Monday mornings so I stocked up, buying uncured bacon, salmon, ground chuck, ground beef, and steak (New York Strip).


(everything else - standard produce, coffee filters, almonds, guacamole)

Since I thought it would be a good idea to party last night with our good friends Megan and Ben, my stomach was not having anything to do with food this morning. By the time lunch rolled around, I was ready to start this Whole50 party. 

Lunch: Baked chicken, sweet potato, and brussel sprouts. 


Buying a rotisserie chicken this morning turned out to be a great decision, as the whole chicken is gutted and cooked for $8. This is a great option if you hate to cook (obviously not me) or if you just need to have something ready to eat. 

Dinner: New York Strip, Mushrooms and Broccoli (made by Mr. Lundquist)


Only 49 more days to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment