Sunday, April 7, 2013

7 Days and the Best is Yet to Come

When you complete a Whole30 they tell you that you will go through stages....

No Big Deal
Hangover/Carb Flu
Kill All the Things
All I Want to do is Take a Nap
Tiger Blood


I really thought this time was different, "Oh, I am so paleo that this Whole30 isn't even bothering me this time. I don't have any sugar cravings....life is all rainbows and butterflies."

WRONG.

The past three nights I have had dreams where I "cheat" and I wake up thinking I actually did it. WHAT THE HELL? I am proud to say I have made it 7 days with no problem. I am lucky since I do have a dairy and gluten intolerance it is easy for me to say no to food. However, the sugar that I am turning down is really the hardest part of it all.

Next weekend, John and I are traveling to our alma mater to participate in the Annual Viennese Ball. This is a event where the campus transforms into Vienna and there is dancing, food, drinks and fun. Both John and I participated in this event through choir so it is near and dear to our hearts.

Positives to this weekend:
ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WILL BE THERE!!!!
SO MUCH DANCING!

Negatives:
SO MUCH BOOZE.

It is not even the food I am worried about. I have this paleo thing DOWN. But the booze. The wonderful delicious, knock you off your feet Long Islands. UGH.

I just don't know.

More on that later. Yesterday, I completed my first Crossfit WOD (workout of the day). I immediately fell in love with the box and the trainers.

WOAH....WHAT IS CROSSFIT?    (note: I am CAPSLOCK happy today)

Crossfit is interval training that uses body resistance, heavy weights and interval training. It usually happens in a very small space which is known as a "box". It is not your typical "bootcamp" it is SO much more.



My WOD yesterday was:

1000 m Row
AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)

30 Air Squats
20 Sit Ups
10 Push Ups ( no "girl" push ups allowed)
5 Pull Ups

Woof. I am happy to say I completed 4.75 rounds. However, I can not move today. But I will be back on Monday to start my first On-Ramp class.

I will leave you with some food pics.





1 comment: