Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Whole 50: Day 2

A quick post before I head off to bed. Yes, I am going to bed at 9:30 because I love sleep. (I also wake up at 4:15 am, so I usually hit a wall by 8.)

Today was the first day back at school after spring break. I absolutely love my class and I missed them a ton over break. However, I need to mention that there are 50 days left of school. I might love those little stinkers, but I am ready for summer!

For breakfast, I grabbed a frozen bowl of bone broth soup and a bottle of kombucha. You might ask yourself, "What is bone broth soup?" Bone broth + leftover meat + veggies = B.B. Soup.



More importantly, do you remember that amazing steak dinner John made last night? For lunch, I paired the leftover steak with a sweet potato and zucchini. It was scrumptious.



After work, I had a meeting and then had to teach aerobics. I knew I wouldn't get home and eat until 8:00, so I called John on the way and had him cook some salmon for dinner. Also pictured are a broccoli side, kale chips, and an apple and almond butter.


(note: salmon not in the picture, I was just TOO hungry to wait)

No frills with my food today, but I felt satisfied all day and am not having any carb flu symptoms or sugar cravings. In order to prepare for tomorrow, I popped some short ribs in the crockpot before I left for aerobics.

I came home and they smelled AMAZING.

Crockpot Short Ribs: (adapted from Practical Paleo) 

2-3 lbs of Short Ribs
15 oz Tomato Sauce
Penzey's BBQ 3000
Balsamic Vinegar

Cook on low for 4-6 hours. NOMS!




No comments:

Post a Comment