Thursday, April 4, 2013

Insert Clever Post Title Here - Whole 30 Day 3 & 4

Is it Friday yet? I only have a four day week but honestly my brain is in a fog. This week I had to stay late for work every night so I don't get home until 5:30 or 6. (suck it up, right?!?!) But those three hours go by quickly when you try to make dinner, blog and watch an episode of Walking Dead. Yes, I am obsessed. There is something about post apocalyptic shows that I just love.

I start coaching Girls on the Run today and I am super excited! Girls on the Run is a program for 3-5 grade girls that promotes a positive self image, teamwork and teaches them how to run a 5k. I just love anything with women, empowerment and running.

GIRL POWER.


I digress.

And now for your viewing pleasure....my meals.

Wednesday Breakfast: Chicken, Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes, Spinach and Guac.
You could call this a Breakfast Salad or Grab What is in the Fridge.


Wednesday Lunch: Short Ribs, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots and Mushrooms.

Thursday Breakfast: Eggs with Zucchini, Sweet Potato and Mushrooms. Orange and Kombucha.
I freakin love Kombucha. I think more than I love Starbucks but not more than I love my husband.


Thursday Lunch: Bison Stew (recipe will be posted later tonight)

I have also started taking some supplements. I have some digestion issues and I am doing my best to heal them naturally. So I try to eat or drink fermented foods such as Kombucha. But I also take these supplements.


D3: It is like a "Sunshine Pill"
L-Glutamine: Helps with gut health
Green: Daily Vitamin
Brown: Vitamin C
Tan: Acidophilus is a bacterial pill. They usually recommend you take this when you are on antibiotics. I am not on antibiotics but just like to make sure I am balanced (if you know what I mean).

1 comment:

  1. Okay I have a question, and it's probably making me sound like the paleo anti-christ but... do you ever miss eating breakfast food? you eat potatoes and meat (like freaking thanksgiving style) every damn day. It just doesn't look very "breakfasty." Then again, I think cereal and milk are breakfasty and you can't really eat that... Also, random question is jam/jelly paleo? Not smuckers obviously, but no added sugar, reall stuff?

    ReplyDelete