Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Thoughts

It is amazing how many times I can indulge on sugar treats and drinks that make me feel like a bloated ball of guilt for days. My head is in a fog, I am irritable and I have little to no motivation. But all it takes is two days of eating clean and the bloat is gone, I have limitless energy and my skin glows.

Why the eff do I continue to "indulge" and let's be real and just tell it like it is....I binge. Honestly...
It all got better when I saw two of my favorite men on TV last night. Shall we have a look?



Sigh.

Today was a wonderful day. My students were only slightly off task and I accomplished a lot for a Monday. When I got home from work there was a package at the door...MY NEW SANDALS AND HEART RATE MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I purposely "forgot" my workout clothes at home so I could stop home and get my new gadget. I always wanted to know exactly how hard I was working especially when I compare lifting weights to cardio. It made going to workout quite a treat.

I forgot to take a picture but I worked out for 32 minutes and burned 344 calories. I did a leg workout (lunges, squats, box jumps) and then ran for a mile. I can't wait to see where my heart rate is at during water aerobics. I usually break a sweat when I am teaching but there is no resistance since I am on land so I usually workout before I teach. This way I can see if my heart rate is raised the whole time I am teaching.

After the gym, I got home and began to prep for tomorrow.

Step 1: Unpack sweat gym clothes.
Step 2: Get new gym clothes.
Step 3: Take out Tupperware containers.
Step 4: Throw pre-made food into containers.
Step 5: Make John lunch.
Step 6: Write a blog post about prepping food.

And here I am. Last week I was scrounging for breakfast food and decided to have a fried egg on top of shredded beef. It was melt in your mouth delicious, but more importantly it kept me full for five hours. Today, I made a "breakfast bowl" this is like your typical Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl BUT SO MUCH BETTER.

Breakfast Bowl: 
Shredded Pork
Sweet Potato
Zucchini
Fried Egg

Layer in a tupperware container and heat up for 1-2 minutes.

Of course I couldn't stop at breakfast so I made lunch and my afternoon snack as well. I am trying to not snack during the day but I teach tomorrow so I won't be home until 7:30-8.

Lunch: Mustard Chicken and Broccoli with a side of tomatoes
Snack: Celery, Blueberries and Almond Butter


Taste the Rainbow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment