Sunday, February 24, 2013

Typical Saturday

I thought I would document my Saturday with pictures. Just to give an idea of a typical weekend day and what I try to accomplish to make the week a little bit less hectic.

I love no-commitment Saturdays. I can wake up when I want and do not have any time restrictions. It was a beautiful day and I was lucky enough to have a three day weekend.

Every morning (weekend or weekday) I start with a big cup of coffee. Felix always has to come and catch up on reading blogs and facebooking. It is our little morning ritual. As soon as I sit down he comes up and makes himself comfortable.

Do you notice the AMAZING cookbook in the corner. I wanted to make sure I had all my ingredients ready before I went grocery shopping. I had a lot of meat leftover from last week so I didn't need to get that much at the store. It is always a nice surprise when I spend less than $100 on groceries.


I try to get to Woodman's early because it is a zoo on the weekend. Grocery shopping is my yoga, it calms me down and I could spend hours just looking around. When there are a lot of people it cramps my style and takes away my zen.

After the grocery store I went to the gym for an endurance run. The gym is right next to the grocery store so it was silly not to just go right away.



Next week, John and I will begin to train for the Madison Half-Marathon. This will be my third half marathon, but I am a little nervous since I didn't race last year and it has been a while since I have ran more than 4 miles. My pace was a 9:41 which is much better than my previous half-marathon pace but still not where I want it to be.  I am hoping that by adding in strength training and sprints I can get my time to be a 9:00 min/mile. 

After the gym I went home and unloaded the groceries, took a shower and got lunch ready. John and I rented Looper the night before and I fell asleep less than 30 minutes into it so we decided to pick up where we left off. Lunch was a steak salad with broccoli and sweet potatoes. 


John went to work and I had some time to kill before my date with Henry. Naturally, I watched Vampire Diaries.

Before I got to Henry's house I went to Target and spent under $20 (thank you very much!). Then it was time to hang out with Mr.Pants. I wanted to try roasted brussel sprouts for dinner. I have been seeing a ton of recipes for them and have never tried them. The verdict? AHmazing... right up there with kale chips.





We played with cars and trucks and watched a little bit of "Elmo" which really is Nemo.


I spent the rest of the night playing Jungle Safari and knitting. I lead an exciting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment