Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lesson Learned

I had such a wonderful night.

It was filled with laughter, love and friends.

We went to a great Irish restaurant. I stuck with hard cider before we left but accidentally ordered beer when we got there. (I get Harp and Strongbow confused)

I ordered Salmon on risotto and ate around the risotto. Then the bread pudding came. I don't even like bread pudding but by then my thoughts left me.

We got back to the hotel and had one more drink.

By then I could feel my stomach expanding. Not in a way that felt like it was too full but rather a feeling that something was not right.

I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing. My heart was racing. And then the first Charlie Horse came.

I was dehydrated.

I wouldn't change the night for anything.

Because, I was taught some valuable lessons. My body does not tolerate gluten well. I need to sacrifice old habits so I can have fun but still feel good in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment