Friday, December 28, 2012

Checking In

I am just checking to say, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.


As you can imagine this month has been full of holiday celebrations and traveling. I have been fortunate enough to get a week off which allowed John and I to see both sides of the family.  But never fear, the blog will be back in full swing for the start of my 2013 Whole 30 Challenge!


What is a Whole 30?

It is based off of the book It Starts With Food and it is strict Paleo diet. Many people recommend you start your Paleo journey with a Whole 30. Then after you can introduce dairy and some grains. If you are already on the Paleo path it is a great way to cleanse yourself from sugar and get a fresh start.

Here is a brief intro to what you can and cannot have on the Whole 30:
(for full details please click here)

Allowed:
Fruits
Vegetables
Beef (preferably grass-fed)
Chicken
Fish
Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios
Coconut Oil
Coconut Milk


Not Allowed:
Peanuts
Legumes
Dairy
Grains
Rice
Sugar


So the next few days I will be planning my meals for the month and getting ready to prepare those meals. From there I will document each week using the blog and maybe doing some vlogging as well.


If you have any questions about the program please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment