Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Food Prep

This post is a day late and a dollar short (as my mom would say), the holiday season is in full swing so with all good intentions I am trying to keep up with my posts. This weekend I planned to use Sunday as my food prep day. Once again, John and I work opposite schedules so I knew meals needed to be ready to go for the week. I am discovering that Mason jars are my new best friend. They are environmentally friendly, easy to clean and keep your food nice and fresh.

The meals this week were a nice blend of savory winter flavors.
Salad in a Jar
Meatballs
Smoky Bacon Chili
Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Broccoli
Shredded BBQ Chicken

note: Sandwich ingredients and chips and salsa are always stocked for an impromptu meal.

Salad in a Jar: as long as you have your meet and dressing at the bottom the greens stay fresh for a week!
Smoky Bacon Chili: Adapted from PaleOMG
Bacon, Grassfed Beef, Zucchini, Onions, Bell Peppers and Roasted Tomatoes. This is an easy one-pot recipe. I served it over the roasted cauliflower and it was divine.

This is by far my favorite non-local grassfed beef. I would prefer something local but it isn't always easy to find.


Super Easy Meatballs: Grassfed Beef, Red Pepper Flakes, Egg, & Seasoning

Roasted Cauliflower

While I was preparing the food, I looked out to my glorious front door view and saw...SNOW!


I hope your week is merry and bright! Also, to all of the Packer fans, Happy Aaron Rodgers Day! Only in Wisconsin do we have a state holiday for our quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment