Monday, September 24, 2012

You Are What You Eat

I realize times are tough but really...feeding cows candy?

Gummy Worms Replace Costly Corn

aka....I don't eat candy because of the sugar. Instead I eat beef. But if the cows are eating candy then the beef I am eating....is candy?


WHAT HAPPENED TO JUST HAVING COWS EAT GRASS!


Food Rule: You are what you eat. 
I try to always buy local grass fed beef. I can usually get it at $4 a lb which is not much more than regular beef. I justify the cost because cows can't naturally digest corn and additives. Not to mention they are pumped full of antibiotics because they stand all day.
If I want to be lean, healthy and active I want to eat animals that are lean, healthy and active.
(The same goes for chicken, turkey and fish--- If you haven't seen it already watch Food Inc. )
Madison does a great job of providing grass fed local beef in many of their restaurants. I usually get my ground beef from the farmer's market. McCluskey Brothers Farm is my farm of choice.

1 comment:

  1. That's very odd.

    Just because they CAN eat practically anything doesn't mean that they should be fed corn syrup and Red 40 for meals. I don't understand why they can't just eat grass....

    ReplyDelete