Friday, September 28, 2012

"I don't like that" Mindset

I got this off of a Paleo group on Facebook. 


I love that concept and it makes total sense to me. Growing up I was convinced I didn't like eggs. It stemmed from a time when I got sick twice after eating eggs. It was probably just the flu but until I was a freshman in college I would not eat eggs. "I don't like eggs", honestly to this day I still have a really hard time eating them. 

The same concept goes for foods you are trying to avoid. If you say I can't then you feel deprived. Think of it like a food allergy. If you eat it you will get sick. 

This idea has some validity to it, if you eat sugar, fat and chemicals your body will get sick.  Being overweight and filling your body with unnatural foods prohibits your body from functioning correctly. 

I am going to attempt this "I don't like ...insert food here" this weekend. However, I don't know if the words " I don't like that tasty Octoberfest microbrew" will ever come out of my mouth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment