Sunday, September 23, 2012

Recharged

After a long standing on and off relationship with my last blog, I have decided that it was time to move on. It just wasn't working any more.

So, after 6 months, moving to a new town, getting married and starting my first job I have decided to begin again. New name, new blog, recharged and ready to go.

Here are some stats:

I am a recent graduate of UW Eau Claire (Wisconsin's Singing University). While in college I was a member of Women's Concert Chorale. That group not only changed my life but allowed me to meet my best friends and husband.

This spring I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. My husband and I picked up our lives in Eau Claire and moved to the glorious capital city of Madison. Everyday, I feel lucky to live in a city that values local and fresh ingredients.

My dieting story:

Growing up I was fortunate enough to have a grandmother and mother who knew what good nutrition was and how to implement it into a daily lifestyle. My dad on the other hand grew up in a typical American family where burgers and processed foods were a must for a tight budget. My relationship with athletics was about as on and off as my relationship with healthy food. I played one season of soccer, softball and track. Freshman year of high school ,choir took over and that was that.

My senior year of high school I began working at the YMCA. I had a free membership and began running. Since then I have began spinning, turbo kick, weigh training and water aerobics. I am currently a water aerobics instructor at a fitness club in Madison. Working out is my time.

Food is another story. I LOVE TO EAT. I don't buy expensive purses or have a collection of watches. I love the taste of food, the process of cooking and the joy of bringing people together. However, this has lead me to a dangerous relationship with food. I don't view it as fuel rather a passion.

I have done calorie counting, slim fast, weight watchers, south beach, paleo and whole foods. The conclusion I have come to is that food is good. But food should be good for you.

So....here it is....my attempt to deliver motivation to eat GOOD food. Healthy, clean, whole foods. And if you eat too much then I will motivate you to get active and find your fitness motivation.

I love questions, comments and constructive criticism.




No comments:

Post a Comment