Monday, July 15, 2013

Idiot Proof Buffalo Chicken Salad

Let's do a little time travel through my meals shall we?


Mushroom, Kale & Beef with Marinara - kind of tasted like butt but it didn't matter because I was so hungry. 


Brats, Sauerkraut and Watermelon - If you haven't figured it out already I love brats. This meal tastes like summer. I could eat it everyday, which is probably why I have the leftovers for breakfast. 

Please feel free to judge.


Salmon, Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli - A super easy staple meal. It takes less than 20 minutes to make. 


Snack Platter- My mom used to make these when I was little. It was meat, fruit and veggies and usually a bowl of peanuts with raisins. I decided to make the more mature version which included Turkey, Spinach and Guac Roll Ups, Tomatoes and Apples with Almond Butter. 


Demo Derby Picnic- Yes, I went to a demo derby. It was like being in a alternate universe. We grilled out before hand. Take a guess at which food was mine. 


OMG HERE I AM PICTURED WITH A RED SOLO CUP! H2O does the body good. I was also the  designated driver so I couldn't give into temptation. (Side note: Megan just asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! YAY)



Last but not least, Idiot Proof Buffalo Chicken Salad, this was FANTASTIC! I love chicken wings and  Frank's Hot Red Sauce. What is even more perfect is that Frank's is Whole30 approved. 


Idiot Proof Buffalo Chicken Salad:

1 bag of frozen chicken breast 
1 bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 c. Water
Spinach
Celery
Cucumbers
Tomatoes 

Get out your crockpot. 
Take chicken out of the bag. 
Plop chicken breast into crockpot. 
Pour 1 cup of water over the chicken. 
Put the lid on the crockpot.
Turn crockpot on low. 
Wait 5 hours. 
Take out two forks and shred chicken. 
Put chicken into a bowl with tongs. (I use tongs because they are fun.) 
Pour entire bottle of Frank's onto chicken. 
Mix with tongs. 

Get out a plate. 
Put spinach onto plate. 
Put 1-2 tongfulls of chicken onto spinach. 
Add chopped celery, cucumber and tomato. 

Get a fork and eat. 


SEE! Easy! This makes a ton! So feel free to freeze some of the chicken before you season it. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! We made Buffalo Chicken Salad the other day and it is so easy and delicious. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete