Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 2 :Ginger Chicken

28 days left and I feel great. It helps that I have followed a paleo diet since January. I still get sugar cravings but I try to supplement with carbs post workout. What I have noticed most is that I am CRAVING water. It has been super  humid but I just can not get enough of the sh*t. Good thing it is free.

Today was just your run of the mill Tuesday so I will get to my eats and my workout.

Breakfast: 

3 Slices of Turkey
Celery
Almond Butter
Blueberries

I do not know why I thought this would keep me full. I ate at 7:15 and I was hungry by 7:45. Lesson learned.

Lunch:

Salmon
Lemon Mayo
Kale Chips - 1 head of kale

WOAH MIND BLOWN! I made my own mayo today and it changed my life. It tastes nothing like regular mayo. It is light and flavorful but not laden with chemicals. This meal was a total success.


(side note: I have zero windows in my kitchen so sorry for awful pictures. I am trying to find the best place to do my food photography. I think I might have to take them in the hallway)


I prepped dinner before I went to run errands and workout. I knew I wouldn't want to cook when I got home. Prepping food is the key for Whole30 success.

I ended up going to the 5:30 WOD, turns out on Tuesdays the 5:30 WOD is an Olympic lifting class. I ended up figuring out my 1 rep max for Power Snatches. Then I stayed for the 6:30 WOD.

WOD: 2 min x 3  AMRAP - Power Snatch (so this sucked after an hour of doing this exact movement)

"Fran" When a WOD is named after a woman it is considered a benchmark workout. They name them after women who "leave you on your back".

21   Thruster/ Pull Ups
15
9

Time: 6:41


Dinner: 

Ginger Chicken
Broccoli
Sweet Potatoes

I created the chicken recipe this morning and I am so happy with how it turned out. I am a huge ginger fan so this was awesome.

WHOLE 30 GINGER CHICKEN:


1 package of chicken legs
3 TBS Kerrygold Butter
1 TBS Minced Garlic
2 TBS Minced Ginger
3 TBS Coconut Aminos
1 TBS Penzey's Bouquet Blend

Preheat oven to 325.
Put butter, garlic, ginger and coconut aminos into a microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted. Add in spice blend. Whisk or blend until well mixed.
Place your chicken into a baking dish and drizzle sauce over chicken.

Bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on top.






No comments:

Post a Comment