Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cold Day Eats

Yesterday, was our third cold day of the year! So, I am enjoying a nice four day weekend. Since I had some time on my hands I was able to take pictures of my food and get stuff done around the house.

Breakfast:

I am not an egg person but I wanted to get some protein in before I ran/lifted today. Usually, when I don't like something I add sweet potatoes. EVERYTHING is better with sweet potatoes. I baked the sweet potatoes. Then in a frying pan I heated up the ham and cracked an egg on top.

My day was filled with watching Netflix and folding laundry. I had no idea what to do with myself. Before lunch, I went for a short run. John and I are planning on running the Cellcom Marathon in May. Beyonce was playing and I was SO pumped to run. Then I realized I forgot my socks.

I made it about two miles before I couldn't stand it anymore. It was an efficient 2 mile run but I was ready for it to be over.

Lunch time:

Kale chips, chicken, apple and almond butter. A simply tasty lunch. 


This is what was really going on when I was taking this picture. All the animals needed to know what I was doing. 

I did a few more things around the house and then went to Crossfit. I haven't done two a day workouts since college. I often wish I could squeeze in a run and Crossfit but I have a hard time finding the time. (I know, I know people do it all the time). 

Today's WOD was a sneaky one. It looked simple and then WHAM it smacked you in the face. That is what I love best about Crossfit, just when you are feeling confident it puts you back in your place and makes you work for it. 

Crossfit Connex WOD

Pre WOD:
3 x 3 Front Squats
3 x 3 Push Press 

WOD:
5 Rounds 
10 Thrusters   <------- They get me every time. 
15 Burpees


I got home around 7 and thanks to my handy dandy Crockpot, dinner was ready. Tonight  was Deconstructed Enchiladas. I adapted the recipe from PaleOMG. 

Deconstructed Enchiladas

2 lbs Chicken Breast
1 bag Frontera Enchilada Sauce ---> awesome paleo sauce without wheat or MSG.
1 Onion chopped
1 can Green Chilies 
2 TBS Coconut Oil 

Place all the ingredients in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork when done. 
Mix in black beans for non-paleo challenge eating husband. Top with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, sliced tomatoes and black olives. This could also be placed on a bed of Mexican rice. We used spinach and had a "build-your-own" menu since I am still participating in the Paleo challenge. 




1 comment:

  1. Those deconstructed enchiladas were super good! Having leftovers for lunch again!

    ReplyDelete